I Can't Activate JS Option in Yellowfin 7.3

Yhair Delgado Cruz shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Good dayToday I found the inconvenience of not being able to activate the option of JS for the use of Google Charts and I have the latest version of Yellowfin on March 31, 2017, attached a screen of my version, could you indicate if the Version is the correct one or where you could download the installer of the version with which I can use this addition.Regards

87384f06a166ac484b24b7c18f177cd3

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Yhair,

from the wording of your ticket I'm not 100% of the issue, however, I think you are trying to embed a Google chart using the JS API. If that is the case and I haven't misunderstood you then the version you are using is correct. Just to make sure, I tested this out for myself, below you can see that I have embedded a Google chart using the JS API:

6ad29c8b5964e072ad198ea336aecea4

It's hard to diagnose an issue without a description of it, or the logs or a screenshot of the error message. Could you please send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting, and also your yellowfin.log file (<yellowfin home>\appserver\logs), when we have that information we should be able to work out what is going wrong.....apart from that, I will take a guess that you haven't generated your Google API Key, if that's so then just go to this Google page to generate your own key. Once you have the key, it can be entered into your Yellowfin Instance under "Administration" > "Content Settings" > "Map Settings" > "Google Maps API Key."

Please let me know whether this helps you or not.

regards,

Big Dave

photo

Sorry daveDo not explain me wellMy problem is that I can not activate the section of code to be able to use google charts in version 7.3 and I just downloaded the latest version

photo

33dae398409e073cebae8c1f09790d8d

As I show in the image I do not see the security option to activate the JS in version 7.3

photo
photo

Hi Yhair,

ah, OK, now I've got it...you want Yellowfin 7.3+

all you've got to do is to go to the bottom of the following page and fill in the form:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/platform/whatsnew

and then you'll be eligible for 7.3+

regards,

Big Dave

photo

Thanks Big Dave

Always help me, the version sent me, as I have account with you, but on your page .exe download I have not seen this version so the reason for this problem.

Thanks for your Help

Regards

photo

Hi Yhair,

apologies...I've just found out that all clients who applied for 7.3+ got sent a link to the wrong build (7.3 instead of 7.3+ as you know!). I have let your account manager Simone know and she will fix you up with the new release.

regards,

Big Dave

Leave a Comment

Attach a file