Format chart labels

Elsie Lam shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi, I have 4 questions relating to the chart attached:

1. How do I get the labels in the chart to reflect the same format as in the mouseover box?

2. Is there a way to display the accumulated total of the stacked bars? Totals should be in the same format as the mouseover box.

3. Is there a way of selectively displaying the labels instead of having all of them displayed e.g. if I only wanted labels for TCV Panel & TCN displayed?

4. Instead of displaying the actual values in the stacked bar, can I display the % against stacked bar total instead?

Thanks.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Elsie,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

Currently there aren't many options to format labels but there are several internal enhancement requests and one raised by the community here.

Any and all label formatting options for charts can be found in the Label settings seen bellow:

/wtux7mvXPeeBgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

In regards to your second question, there is an option within the above options called "Stacked Totals" this will display an accumulated total for each bar.

I will go ahead and note that you are looking for this functionality on the enhancement requests.

Please let me know if this information was helpful.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Noted, thanks. Looking forward to seeing more options to make charts more readable.

In regards to Stacked Total, I don't seem to have that option in my Label settings. All I have are in the screen capture attached. Is this due to the chart type I'm using (Overlay Chart)? Or because of my Yellowfin version (8.0.1 build 20190527)?

Thanks,

Elsie

photo

Hello Elsie,

The reason you aren't seeing the option to use Stacked totals is because that's an option for stacked charts which I incorrectly thought you were using.

You might be able to find use of this chart in your scenario but I am unsure.

Please let me know if this is the case.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Unfortunately, I need to use overlay charts for my purpose because the information I'm trying to display don't all belong to the same category and scale.

Can we put this in as an idea for enhancement?

Thanks,

Elsie

photo

Hello Elsie,

Before I raise this issue as an enhancement I want to make sure that this is indeed not possible through means of another configuration option. In anticipation of my findings it would be useful to me if you could provide me a use case scenario of this in-case it is not in fact possible to add totals to an overlay chart.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Elsie,

I have been looking through our documentation and have not found another mean to configure this.

In order to raise this to the development team as an enhancement request we need a use case for said enhancement.

Could you provide me a use case for this behavior on an overlay chart?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Elsie,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

I've managed to get the chart I wanted in an alternative way. Instead of using overlay charts, I did the stacked column chart and the line chart separately and then rearranged them one above the other on the design canvas.

So all good now thanks!

Regards,

Elsie

photo

Hello Elsie,

Thanks for the update!

I will go ahead and mark this question as 'answered for now.

Please feel free to reach out with other questions or issues.

Thanks,

Jared

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file