Is There a Standard Welcome Email?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a welcome email and I've found somethings about it, but I don't know how to enable it.

Can someone clarify me about this?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Renato,

Understood. First, as an Admin user, you'll have to make sure you have your SMTP Server setup, which you'd find in Administration > Configuration > Email Settings > Outgoing Mail Server.

Then, just above that under General Settings, you'll turn on Email Notifications and check "User Account & Password Updates":

/B2Zy+hAua5bGAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Now when you create an account from the account where the above is configured, the input e-mail for the user should receive the welcome email.

Please let me know how goes and if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you show me what you've found regarding this? I'd like to have something to reference to ensure I know what you're referring to here.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thanks a lot for your help Mike, I hope you're alright!

I've found two things.

1. A parameter witch contains the message sent for new users:

email.body.newuser=We can't wait for you to get started. {0} is a great place to analyse your data and share things that matter. Please <a style=\"color: #009eec; text-decoration:none;\" href=\"{1}\">click here</a> to login and activate your account.<BR /><BR />Your account details are:<BR />User Name: {2}<BR />Password: {3}<BR /><BR />We know you will love using {0}, but if you run into any issues or have a question, comment or suggestion you can contact us at {4}.<BR /><BR />Thanks,<BR />{0} Administrator

2. A topic created by an user who wanted to suppress the welcome e-mail.

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-suppress-welcome-email-to-new-users-thread-158368

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks! I'm doing well, and I hope you're doing well as well!

Upon doing some research, I can see that we don't have an option to customize the email template at the moment.

I suspect if you alter the parameter you've found, you should be able to customize the message, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to remove it altogether.

If we know bit more about the requirements or the use case, that would be helpful for me to raise an enhancement request if needed and desired, so please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Actualy I was just trying to know how to enable this e-mail. The text it seems to be ok. When I create a new user, the e-mail is not sent.

photo

Hi Renato,

Understood. First, as an Admin user, you'll have to make sure you have your SMTP Server setup, which you'd find in Administration > Configuration > Email Settings > Outgoing Mail Server.

Then, just above that under General Settings, you'll turn on Email Notifications and check "User Account & Password Updates":

/B2Zy+hAua5bGAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Now when you create an account from the account where the above is configured, the input e-mail for the user should receive the welcome email.

Please let me know how goes and if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Excelent. Thanks a lot.

For some reason, when I've created the new user, the e-mail wasn't sent to me though this option was already enabled. After your answer, I just tried one more time and it worked.

For the record, if you change the text in parameters, you can custom as you desire.

Thanks again Mike.

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for confirming, and good to know! Thank you.

This considered, I'll go ahead and close this case out for now, but please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file