Customisation of report names for FTP schedules

Nick shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

I just need confirmation on whether the below is possible:

In the case of broadcasting reports via FTP schedules, can the report names be customised, such that there are no spaces in the name and adding an additonal timestamp to the broadcast date?

This is for integration purposes where reports can be picked up by downstream interfaces.

If not, is there an idea for it or can it be a possible candidate for a new feature?

Regards,

Nick

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nick,

You should have no problems send a file using ftp with spaces or appending the date as shown below. There is a request in our system to allow the time to be added also, but this has not been actioned.

7634d1823f2fca919bbea623713a8db9Let me know if the above helps please? If it is a time stamp specific issue, I can add you to the idea and will let you know if I get any updates.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response, but let me try rephrase my question. It's not about whether can send a file with spaces, but more of a question of whether we can generate a file without any spaces in it. In particular, when appending the date, it will have spaces in it, and we want to be able to remove the spaces from the date. In your example given, have "22 Aug 2019" as "22_Aug_2019", or some other format.

Hope that makes it clearer.

If you can add me to the timestamp idea, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Right, I understand what you mean and sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately there is no option to do this, however I will add this request to the DEV ticket, but I will also adjust the ticket to be a little broader in the possible options to try and cater for this.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul,

Nick

photo

Hi Paul,

Could I be provided with the ref ID for the idea so I can track it from my end if needed?

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Sure the Dev ID is YFN-8765. Let me know if you need anything else?

Cheersm

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul.

Just to confirm, this is for having the option to add a timestamp to the csv export, and also the ability to format/customise the whole filename. eg. when appending broadcast date, the date has spaces in between, and the new feature will allow for different date format, such as "22_aug_2018" instead of "22 aug 2018"

photo

Hi Nick,

The request is fairly general however part of the request is to allow client custom filenames using YYYY MM DD HH MM SS in the order method they want.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

I see

Do I have to log a separate idea for 'custom' dates/timestamps?

eg. one without spaces

Thanks,

Nick

photo

No. This should be fine Nick.

photo

Thanks Paul

photo
photo

Hi Nick,

No problems, I will mark this as answered if that's okay, but if you need anything else, just reply back.

Cheersm

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file