Join without having the field as part of the columns

Dor David Makmal shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Whenever we want to add an append to a report - we have to add the necessary field to the actual report.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Dor,

I hope all is well,

Can you elaborate to where you would pull this field from. Would this be from another report so linking it from that? or direct from the data available from the view?

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey bud! everything's great, it's all a matter of tasks' quantity :)

What I mean by that is when I want to add an append - whether its within the same view or another - the left field I need to choose for the join, is required to be a column in that report. I cannot choose a field from that view without having it as a column in my report.

Does it makes sense ?

photo

Hi Dor,

Yup, that makes sense and as you are aware this is how it is, however as I can see you have raised an idea. I will get this submitted as an Enhancement. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Dor,

I hope all is well,

I just want to update you with where we stand... We have had our development team look at this recently and we have some questions... Would it be possible to supply us with more detail on the use case of what you are trying to support, ie. table structures in each view, type of report you are trying to generate.

This will help us a great deal Dor. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

We opened this request because today we must add the field as a column to use it for append.

We have many aggregated reports with additional columns from different data models, but not always the field we are using as a connection is the field we want to aggregate the report by,

For example, if we have a report that count how many customers joined in each month and we need also to add some indication from different data model, to get this data the only option is to connect the append by the customer id.

it means that we must add the customer id as a column and we can't just count the number of customers.

if you need more details or to see live example we can schedule a short meeting.

Thanks,

Sofia

photo

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for providing this, I will inform our development team of this. I will update you as and when I get more information.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Sofia,

I've been told that this will be discussed further next week with our development team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi,

Just to make it clear, it's very important because our users can't create aggregated reports and need export to excel each time to get the relevant data they need.

For example if we need some report that show how many customers login in the last month by specific logic (Master query) and what was their revenue (sub query) we must add the customer id to the report for the append with the sub query, it means that now we see all the customers and not it's count, so the user export it to excel to make this calculations.

This example is a simple one but we have many report that much complicated with 3-4 appends and a lot of fields we need to sum\count .

Thanks,

Sofia

photo

Hello Sofia,

I guess you can set the field to hide in the Edit mode of the report. That would show the aggregated view you want I guess. Not sure how that would export but might be worth a test?

Regards,

JeRoen

photo
photo

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for updating us with this additional information. I have made our development team aware of this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Sofia,

I hope all is well,

It's been a good few months since we last discussed this, however I come with good news (I hope)... From what I can see our development team have started looking at this. No concrete updates as of yet, although I expect more to come within the following weeks.

I will update you where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Woah.

photo
photo

Hi Dor/Sofia,

I hope all is well,

I come with some news, we have since implemented this within our 9.7 release.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file